Leupold Scout Scope: Reviews To Make A Better Decision in 2018
Leupold is one of most reputable brands in the rifle scope industry.
They’re known for producing top-notch optics, with outstanding features, which go a long way in improving your overall shooting or hunting skill- and precision.
While most of the products from this premium optics company might come with huge price tags, you can still find some of its products that come at incredibly low, pocket-friendly prices.
BUT…this is not to say that the low-cost models don’t offer you the performance you’d expect.
In fact, they come with a set of premium features ONLY found in the high-end scopes out there.
In this post, I want to share with you the FOUR best Leupold scout scopes on the market today that match your limited budget.
Let’s get started…
Ever wondered why the experienced shooters and hunters recommend the Leopold optics?
I’ll tell you why…
The Oregon-based company has for many, many years been in the frontline in the production of top-rated riflescopes that all hunters, shooters- and even the US military- have fallen in love with.
The company devotes its full attention to the production of its scopes. All their scopes come with fully multicoated glass surfaces; not to forget they use the BEST-quality glass material for their products. Unlike most of the other brands out there, Leupold NEVER cuts corners when designing, engineering or manufacturing its scopes.
Instead, they keep reviewing their procedures to ensure highly innovative cost-saving methods are employed throughout the production of every aspect of their scopes- to meet the consumer needs and expectation.
(Probably) The best part about Leupold is that they come with a full lifetime warranty for all their products. This is a surefire sign that the company has full trust in their products to stand the test of time as perform as stated.
NOTE that the warranty isn’t limited to the original buyer of the scope only; any future owner enjoys it as well, without the need for producing any ownership evidence or warranty card.
There’s just no reason why you shouldn’t use the Leupold scopes to shoot better!
In the following section, I’ll give you complete reviews of the 4 top products I promised you at the beginning…
Top Leupold Scout Scopes For The Money:
1. LEUPOLD VX-2 1.5-4x28 IER Scout Scope Review:
If you a use heavy caliber rifle, you can match it with the LEUPOLD VX-2 1.5-4x28 IER Scout Scope for maximum performance. Despite being one of Leupold’s models that hang on the lower cost end, this scope presents you with a set of premium features that helps enhance your shooting skill. It has a low variable magnification of 1.5-4x, making it an excellent option for shooters and hunters alike.
The duplex article feature that comes with this scope makes is one of its top features. This allows you to center your shot long-range correctly. It also allows you to make more precise windage and elevation adjustments with its 1/4 MOA finger clicks. Moreover, this scope presents you with a fast focus eyepiece- externally threaded- plus a generous eye box that enables you to quickly set up your shot while enjoying increased flexibility.
Because the riflescope uses DiamondCoat exterior lens coatings and an index matched lens system, you can rest assured that it will deliver brighter, crystal-clear, and crisper images that give you an excellent view of your target. The 2nd Generation Argon/Krypton makes the scope weather friendly- such that you can use it in rainy and foggy conditions.
When hunting/shooting in situations where every shot counts, use no other scope but the LEUPOLD VX-2 1.5-4x28 IER Scout Scope.
2. Leupold FX-II Scout 2.5x28mm Duplex Review:
The Leupold FX-II Scout 2.5x28mm Duplex is another wallet-friendly scope that can boost up your rifle performance like nobody’s business! It’s globally recognized as one of the fastest target acquisition enhancing scopes, making it a must-have riflescope for all types of shooters and hunters out there.
One thing that puts this scope on the map is its 1/4-MOA field-click adjustments which allow you to make even more precise windage and elevation adjustments- resulting accurate shots that awe your fellow hunters and shooters. Even better, it presents you with a generous eye box which teams up with the longer eye relief to allow you can to at your target even faster and make a shot of a lifetime.
Like all its cousins fro, Leupold, this model also comes with 100% waterproofing and fogproofing, thanks to the Leupold’s proprietary nitrogen filling process. What’s more, it also features a durable, compact design that’s sure to last a lifetime while helping you shoot right.
3. Leupold FX-II Scout 2.5x28mm Duplex Review:
The Leupold FX-II Scout 2.5x28mm Duplex is the ideal riflescope for all lever action rifles, scout rifles, or for those who wish to mount a scope in front of the receiver. As you’d expect of any scope from Leupold, this model comes with a durable, aircraft grade aluminum design to stand the test of time. Plus it presents you with a set of remarkable features- all at an incredibly low price.
The simple, robust scope comes with the duplex reticle which is highly recommended for various hunting applications that involve long-range shooting. The 1/4 MOA click type adjustments make it easier to make more precise windage and elevation.
Other features worth noting in this Leupold include an eye relief of 9.3”, fogproof/waterproof/shockproof design, 10.1” length, and a lightweight feel at only 7.5 ounces. The scope comes in both silver and matte black finishes.
4. Leupold 119675 VX-R Scout Metric FireDot Scope Review:
Lastly, we have the Leupold 119675 VX-R Scout Metric FireDot Scope- your ticket to breath-taking hunting experiences. Judging from all the unique features and capabilities that come with this great-looking scope, you’ll agree with the manufacturer that it isn’t an ordinary scope. One such feature is the Leupold's exclusive FireDot Reticle System which puts your eye at the center aiming point- making target acquisition easy, quick, and more precise!
Another key feature is the Quantum Optical System to ensure you enjoy you razor sharp images in all the typical hunting light conditions. Next, there’s the index matched lens system which not only eliminates the notorious optics reflections but also facilitates maximum transmission of light. This results in extremely sharp resolution and unparalleled brightness for all your target images. As if that’s not enough, this Leupold’s lens outer surface feature the DiamondCoat which helps keep off abrasion as well as promote light transmission.
To make the scope weather friendly, the manufacturer uses their 2nd generation argon/krypton system which takes its fog- and waterproofing capabilities to a whole new level. The fact that the lens is 10% lead-free translates to enhanced optical clarity. And the generous eye box allows you to achieve a clear, full sight picture easily and quickly.
Things To Know About Leupold
Maybe you only know Leupold as a big name that produces high-end accessories in the hunting and shooting industry.
But this company is just more than its products- from its long, sweet history to its secrets to creating quality products for you.
In this section, allow me to share with you some 10 cool, little-known facts about Leupold:
1. When the company first started, they didn’t have a single plan of producing riflescopes or rifles. Instead, its founders (Fred Leupold and his brother in law Adam Voelpel) specialized in survey equipment repair and they launched the Leupold & Voelpel back in 1907.
Three years later, in 1911, J.C. Stevens contracted the company to manufacture water level recorder. Eventually, the two companies became partners (1914) under a new name-Leupold, Voelpel, and Co.
2. It was up until 1942 that the company changed its name once again to Leupold & Stevens, Inc., and made their first riflescope- the Plainsman- in 1947. They agreed that all the riflescopes and survey equipment would be sold under Leupold name while the water monitoring equipment would be sold under Stevens name.
3. What made them venture into the scope making business? Well, Marcus Leupold, Fred's son, was out hunting when he missed a deer due to fogging of his scope. As truly frustrated as he was, he declared that he’d make a “better scope than this,” and yes, he did it!
4. During WW II, Leupold worked with the US military to make on riflescopes, and with the Navy on scope for use while aboard the ship. This is to say that the company engineers have learned the technology of waterproofing a riflescope during these products. And they used just that to come up with the first fogproof riflescope.
Needless to mention, the secret involved removing all the air inside the scope and filling the scope with pure Nitrogen gas as it doesn’t react to sudden temperature changes.
5. Today, Leupold makes a total of 440 varieties of mount bases, which represent over 380 firearms. The company boasts a total of 40,000 base and ring combinations. In other words, the company can mount a scope on nearly all rifles known to humankind.
6. I know I’ve already hinted you about this earlier above, but allow me to repeat it…Leupold offers full lifetime warranty on all its products. FYI, the company is a full-fledged, American manufacturer and does NOT import its product. It supervises the manufacture of its products from start to finish, and this makes them have total confidence in their products to stand the test of time. They offer all its owners a lifetime guarantee, without need for any warranty card or ownership proof.
7. Leupold has the largest number of long-range optics being used by the United States military than all the other brands. Not only that, but their products also enjoy massive usage by the US Navy, US Army, Marine corps, Navy SEALS, and the Secret Service.
8. As an experienced hunter or shooter, you’ve come across or heard about the duplex reticle. Can you guess who invented it? Right, that was Leupold, back in 1962. They set to come up with a reticle that was highly visible even in twilight or thick cover. And when they created it, they revolutionized the scopes industry.
What a big WIN for the company!
9. In 1974, Leupold decided to change the industry game once again. And this time they introduced the first ever incredibly lightweight, high-power target scope. And in 1978, they paraded their first line of compact riflescopes.
10. While it’s a well-known fact that spider webs are utilized in the creation of fine optics reticles, it’s important to note that Leupold originally asked the webs of black widows to form the reticles. Within the staff, there was a spider expert who was assigned a not so cool job of tending to the creatures as well as harvesting their web (let’s hope he got a good pay for this).
This post covers the 4 best Leupold scout scopes for shooters and hunters with limited budget. As we said earlier, Leupold is a winning brand that has been in the game for longer than you can imagine and has learned the game of producing top of the line scopes for you.
Their products have become a darling not only for the hunters and professional shooters but also for the United States military.
You can’t keep missing your targets anymore while you can simply order one of the 4 top-notch, but affordable, scout scopes listed above ASAP and start straightening your shooting skill for many years to come!