Best Predator Decoy On The Market – Expert Reviews
To all predator hunters who always find it hard to convince a predator to come to a close range for more precise shooting:
“Now you can entice that wary predator to come closer and then completely draw their attention away from you by using the top predator hunting decoys on the market.”
Hunting predators will slowly become your passion once you learn how to use these decoys. They’ve true-to-life features that effectively fool even the smartest predator into entering your circles. From here, killing the predator precisely and quickly becomes a simple task.
In the next few seconds, you’ll be making a great discovery that will change the way you hunt predators. We’ve come up with a list of the top ten BEST predator decoys on the market that will actually make you an expert predator hunter.
I know you can resist the urge to jump into these best predator decoys on the market, right?
Let’s head straight to our list of the best predator decoys available on the market today…
Mojo Outdoors Critter Decoy
MOJO Outdoors Super-Critter Predator Decoy
Primos Sit n Spin Predator Decoy
But there’s something important you need to know before you learn about the best predator decoys. This is the list of factors that you should always carry with you when buying predator decoys.
These factors are:
Things to Consider before Buying a Predator Decoy
Let’s start with the number of decoys. Depending on your predator hunting situation, you may find out that you need more than one decoy for a successful hunt.
Before buying a predator decoy, always question your hunting situation and the main predators you’re after hunting.
Alternatively, you can always go back to the store and buy a new decoy whenever the need arises.
Predator decoys is a very competitive business. Numerous companies trying to meet your predator decoy needs are on the rise. Their decoys have varying designs, features, and price tags.
Pulling the best decoy that serves you according to your expectations is therefore important. If you gauge the number and quality of features with the price of the decoy, you’ll be able to easily tell if it’s worth the price.
You’ll be carrying this decoy with you to the fields again and again. That’s a fact. If you go for a compact sized decoy, therefore, it will be an advantage to you.
The reason being, the smaller the size, the more portable the decoy is. And the more portable the decoy is, the easier it will be to take it take it to your hunting locations.
This one is directly related to the previous factor. And is equally important if you want to enjoy hunting predators with your decoy.
Some decoys are heavy while others are as light as a feather.
If you buy the feather light models, youll have an easy time carrying them in your backpack since they don’t add any significant weight to your kit.
There’s no better way to trick a predator into entering your range than using a decoy with a high level of realism. This has been proved time and again.
Fortunately, the market has such decoys- full of realistic features. Most of them have the prey-like fur and 100% lifelike that holds the full attention of the predator, enabling you to shoot them easily and precisely.
It would be useless if you buy a decoy with all the above features but it’s not durability. Why? Because you’ll enjoy using the decoy for a limited time.
To avoid this, always ensure that the decoy you’re buying is made of durable materials all round. This way, it will meet your predator hunting interests for years without losing the quality.
1. Mojo Outdoors Critter Decoy Review:
- Highly visible
- Simple and lightweight
- Realistic features
- Easy to setup
- Highly affordable
- Made in the USA
- Comes with 70 days warranty
- Batteries not included
- It's not remote capable
Mojo Outdoors Critter Decoy grabs our top position for the best predator hunting decoys on the market due to a number of reasons (good reasons indeed)…
First, it’s a great product from a great brand. Yes, Mojo Outdoors is the kind of band that will go an extra step to give you everything you need in a decoy.
Second, the decoy has great tantalizing features that effectively draws a predator towards your decoy and keeps their eyes away from you.
Best part? It has been tested and proved to work on all predators- it’s a universal predator decoy that helps you hunt all predators successfully. But I feel that this is not yet the best thing about it. The fact that it’s highly affordable will be better termed as the best part.
For the best results, expert hunters recommends you to pair this decoy with Mojo Leafy Sheet and Mojo Hawk- this creates a complete predator system that brings even the wary predators to your range for a cup of tea
Key Features and Benefits:
Tantalizing Realistic Action
The tantalizing action of this decoy is likeable by all means. And it makes the predator approach it as quick as their legs can carry them- no predator can afford to resist the invite!
Look at the realistic fur that makes up the decoy. It does it work as expected. Once the predator approaches, it helps divert all it attention to it. Plus the intermittent motion (powered by 4AA batteries) that adds a perfect realism.
At 13.06ounces, lightweight design qualifies as one of the key features of Mojo Outdoors Critter Decoy. The lighter the decoy, the easier it is to carry and setup as explained below…
The simplicity of this decoy is beyond your imaginations. Everything about its structure is clear and requires you to attend NO classes on how to set it up.
The two-piece ground stake holds the decoy firmly on the ground for improved, quick setup.
Easy to Transport
This is made possible by the fact that the decoy breaks down (easily and quickly) into a compact size that you slip into your kit and carry to your hunting spot.
2. MOJO Outdoors Super-Critter Predator Decoy (with Sound) Review
- Supports multiple, built
- In mounting options
- Runs for 20hours
- Can be used to hunt any predator
- Critter toper arouses curiosity in the predator
- Motion plus sound decoy
- Batteries not included
Super-Critter Predator Decoy, also from Mojo Outdoor, is a giant step ahead of decoy we’ve just discussed above.
It’s therefore a true case of best getting even better. It has even been ranked as the most effective and popular predator decoy ever.
It has revolutionalized how you hunt predators by giving you truly unique features that not even the related decoys from the same company could offer.
The decoy has been specially designed to allow ON/OFF controls using remote callers. This is supported by the 3.5mm auxiliary ports that come with the decoy.
Something else that sets the decoy from the rest:
It features a wireless removable battery holder that stores in recess. Plus it has a cover that is completely easy to remove.
The decoy is also ultra-realistic, extremely lightweight, highly portable, and very affordable.
Combine all these outstanding features in a single decoy and it becomes your ideal predator hunting system.
Key Features and Benefits:
The entire body of the predator is made of the super tough ABS material. This enables the decoy to withstand all sorts of abuse and remain strong after many years of regular use.
The decoy is only 3.4pounds light. On top of this it comes with a simple compact size that you can quickly break for convenient carry to the remote hunting areas.
The main realistic feature of this decoy is the pre-type fur that covers its entire body. This is what attracts predators and keeps their minds so glued to the decoy that they can’t notice your presence.
Effective Predator Bait
The effectiveness of this decoy in attracting is exceptional. Look at the three switch system it comes with…
This system allows you to set the decoy to produce motion only or motion plus sound. It’s also designed to allow ON/OFF controls from remote callers bearing the 3.5mm auxiliary port. The high quality speakers ensures that any predator around gets the call clearly.
3. Primos Sit n Spin Predator Decoy Review
- 360 degrees eye catching motion attracts predators
- Realistic features
- Imitates a real injured, panicking critter
- Compact and lightweight
- Does not come with the batteries
- The stake might break when forced on hard grounds
If you’re tired of trying to lure call-shy and smart predators into your range, it’s time to give Primos Sit n Spin Predator Decoy a try.
The decoy lures the predators as soon as you set it.
How it does this?
Well, the critter mimics an injured and panicking rodent. The rodent shows stop and go movements that are very real. This arouses curiosity of the predator, making it approach the “rodent.”
The adjustable motion speed allows you to control the movement of the critter.
Key Features and Benefits:
This is one of the small size decoys you’ve ever seen. It features a truly compact size that makes it packable into your hunting kit easily. Apart from the compact size, the decoy is also lightweight to facilitate easy carry.
Like any other Primos product, this decoy is made of quality materials. After design, the decoy is also tested for the toughest situations and environments.
If it were not for this crazy critter, the decoy won’t be so popular today.
The critter has all the realistic features such as fur, intermittent 360 degrees motion like the one exhibited by a panicking, injured rodent. Three white tipped tails takes the realism to a whole new level.
4. ICOtec PD200 Predator Decoy Review
- Comes with stake for easy placement
- LED light for nighttime hunting supported
- Connects to a wide range of predator callers
- Whisper quite motor does not make unnecessary noises
- 2 easy to change toppers
- Speed control for custom motions
- Brings your electronic callers to life
- Does not come with batteries
Time has come to make your electronic caller come to life with the ICOtec PD200 Predator Decoy.
Compatible with a wide range of remote caller including those with auxiliary decoy ports, this decoy is ready to help you lure any predator you wish to kill today.
The decoy uses a whisper-quiet motor to output a tremendous lifelike movement with the two toppers that are packed with the decoy. The toppers movement, together with the call offers predator an irresistible combo that attracts predators to your range like a magnet.
You can switch between the two toppers in seconds. Also, you can adjust their movement speed to meet your specific hunting needs.
Key Features and Benefits:
Power efficient decoy
The power used to operate the decoy motor isn’t the same used to operate the caller system. This ensures that the caller battery power isn’t drained before you finish your hunting session.
Comes with Two Critters
The decoy presents you with two toppers, namely a furry rabbit and a woodpecker which are highly realistic and looks like ready, tasty meat to the incoming predators.
LED Night Light
Good news for all nighttime predator hunters. At last, you can out on a smile that a decoy designed for use in total darkness has come your way. The LED light is meant not only nigh time hunting but all low-light predator hunting conditions.
This decoy is starlight. It weighs only 1.4 pounds only. Combine this with the compact design of the entire system (which actually fits in your palm) and you’ve a highly portable predator decoy like no other.
5. ICOtec AD400 Predator Decoy Review
Another high profile predator decoy from ICOtec is here…
Similar to our previous decoy, ICOtec AD400 Predator Decoy also offers you two toppers that exhibit tremendous true-to-lie movements. It supports ICOtec callers as well as other remote callers.
When you have the caller system and the lifelike motions, you’ll create effective decoy system that lures even the educated predators to come toy your circles for a perfect shoot.
The two toppers are quick and easy to change to match your environment hunting needs.
The motor operates quietly. It also uses a separate power source other than that of the caller button to avoid quick caller battery power drainage.
DO note that you can also easily adjust the speed of the motion of the topers to suit your hunting situations.
- Compact and lightweight design
- Comes with LED light for night hunting
- Works with a broad range of remote callers
- Utilizes high speed, whisper quiet motor
- Comes with two true-to-lie toppers (a furry rabbit ad a wood pecker)
- Speed control dial
- Operates on 4 AA batteries (though not included)
6. Primos Frantic Fawn Predator Decoy Review
Primos Frantic Fawn Predator Decoy is powered by DecoyHeart. It’s probably the most effective decoy to ever hit the market.
The decoy basically imitates an injured fawn motion.
Now this fawn is ultra-realistic and looks exactly the same a real-life fawn looks like. It has a photo-realistic hide that resembles that of a real fawn.
The injured fawn movements of this decoy make the predator think that this is a free meal. This hastens their approach to your decoy, giving you hunting advantage.
The inflatable decoy is super easy to carry and setup: it inflates fully with only a few breaths.
- Predators’ favorite meal
- The fawn is made of 100% ultra-realistic photo print hide
- Deflates down to a compact size for easy carry
- Tough air membrane with oversized quick valve
- Completely easy to set up
- Comes with a steel stake system
- Three adjustable motion speeds
- Tested for the toughest environments and situations
7. FoxPro FoxJack 4 Predator Decoy Review
It’s now possible to convert you digital game call into an extremely portable predator calling system.
But of course you’ll need FoxPro FoxJack 4 Predator Decoy in order to do so…
Here’s the deal:
Replace the existing battery door with FOXJACK assembly. Connect the cable. That’s all. You’re now ready for a successful predator hunting experience you never had your life before.
This decoy houses a whisper quite motor that drives the colorful, furry topper (a woodpecker), forcing any kind of predator to stop and give it full attention.
The decoy can be controlled remotely with the help of FoxPro Remote Controller.
- Attaches directly to FoxPro CrossFire and Fusion game calls
- Whisper quite motor operation does not spook wary predators
- Utilizes visual enticement that gets the most cautious predators to investigate it
- Super-easy to install
- Compact and lightweight design
- Made in the USA
- Can be controlled remotely using FoxPro digital game call
8. CassCreek Waggler Predator Decoy Review
What could be better than a predator decoy that has built-in scent dispenser and game call?
There’s probably no perfect match for this decoy:
CassCreek Waggler Predator Decoy stands as the ONLY wireless controlled predator hunting decoy that comes with a built-in game call as well as scent dispenser. This maximizes your efforts of thing that predator that has been giving you sleepless nights.
Housed in a rock shaped base, CassCreek Waggler Predator Decoy features up to 4 adjustable height rods, a tail, 4 anchors, and one remote control.
The authentic sounds and the superior luring abilities displayed by this waggler enable you to experience consistently successful hunting results.
- The only predator decoy with builtin scent dispenser and game call
- Utilizes Multiple Animal Scent Technology (MAST) that allows you 2 animal sounds simultaneously
- One-handed remote control
- High-grade speaker (with amplifier) produce quality sound that cuts through winds
- Immediate sound interrupt
- Comes with carry handle for easy transport
- All the components are housed in a rock shaped base
9. Lucky Duck Lil’ Critter Predator Decoy Review
Lil’ Critter, proudly made by Lucky Duck, is decoy that will bring any predator your way.
Here how it does this:
It offers true to life erratic motion that draws in a predator effortlessly. The fury decoy’s high can be adjusted between 10” and 18” above the ground. This allows you to set it in such a way that only the decoy is above the grass line.
With the wide and stable base of this decoy, stakes becomes a thing of the past: no more pounding of stakes deep into the
The predator is very compact and will fit in your pockets for easy carry to the predator’s favorite hunting location!
- Erratic decoy motion entices all the predators
- Decoys can rest on any terrain, thanks to its stable base
- Ability to adjust its height from 10-18” above the ground
- Requires 4 AA batteries for operation
- Simple, portable, and effective decoy
10. Flambeau Flocked Lone Howler Predator Decoy Review
Flambeau’s contribution to the world of predator decoys is evidenced from this particular decoy that does not disappoint at all. Among the many reasons to believe in the effectiveness of the decoy is that it’s developed by Charlie Norton, a renowned wildlife artist.
This decoy is a coyote which has been flocked to emulate fur-like texture that makes it look and feel real. The flocking has another advantage: it makes the decoy produce no noise transportation and setup.
The faux fur tail of this decoy is posable and moves when slapped by wind. It features bungee leg system that allows you to
easily set it into laying or sitting position.
Hunting other coyotes with this decoy is REAL fun! Simply, attach a white rag to the decoy’s stout. You’ll be amazed at the number of real coyotes that will show up for a challenge.
- Posable faux fur tail that shows lifelike motions in the winds
- Made of durable, lightweight, and molded plastic
- Easy to transport
- Improved versatility: can be set into laying or sitting positions
- Flocked to give an impression of real-type fur
- Produced less noise during transportation and setup.
How to Use Predator Decoy: Tips from an Expert
Predator hunting using decoys is a fun sport for the expert hunters and a mystery for inexperienced hunters.
If you’re a beginner hunter looking for ways to improve the way your hunt predators with decoys, here are great tips for you from the experts:
- Always place your predator decoy in a visible place. This is very important because the predators need visual confirmation of where the call is coming from. If you position your decoy in an invisible area and call the predators, they’ll surely come. But if they fail to see any visual evidence, they’ll leave before you hunt them.
- Remember to keep your movements to minimum when using predator decoys. Most predators are able to spot you from far. If they see you setting up the decoy, the hunting is over before it begins!
- Set up your decoy 20-30 yards crosswind or upwind from where you stand. Most predators have a tendency to circle the downwind of your decoy. If you observe this distance, the predator will look past you while all its eyes (and focus) are locked on your decoy.
- Which calls should you use and when? Generally, classic rodent-in-distress or rabbit-in-distress calls works throughout the year. However, it’s important to embark on specific calls such as fawn distress in spring. In other words, don’t overlook some sounds if you want to get the best results- all have their place.
- Always ensure that you’re well hidden. This acts as a supplement to minimizing your movements. You can do this by fully dressing in camouflage pattern. It’s also important to eliminate any shine from your gear, e.g. belt buckle, gun barrels, etc.
- Always try to watch the wind before setting up the decoy. Coyotes are best known to get the downwind of your set and if they happen to pick up your scent, you’ll hardly kill them!
Predator decoys are highly effective tools for hunting all types of predator. The decoy creates a perception of reality for the curious predators.
This lures them into entering your range for a quick and precise shooting. If you haven’t been getting god results in your predator hunting sessions, decoys will greatly help raise your game.
Pick one among the above ten best predator decoys on the market and you’ll be surprised at how easy predator hunting will become.