25 Best Deer Attractants – Reviews Of Every Type (2018)
Deer attractants have proved to be the best vibe in the hunting industry of late. They help you lure the deer into the open giving you a nice opportunity to shoot them like a pro. The market has made various attractants available to you.
But if you go shopping for them, you might not get the best product until after many hours of trolling and getting seriously overwhelmed by the many varieties you’ll encounter. If you fail to select the best deer attractants from these numerous varieties, you’ll have a long day in the field.
So, how do you go about selecting the most appropriate deer attractant or deer bait that corresponds to the type of deer you want to hunt and the deer season you hunting in? The right answer to this question holds the key to successful deer hunting using the attractants.
Having used deer attractants for a good number of years now, I thought I could save you the long and tiring task of getting the right products for your hunting needs by giving you a list of the top deer attractants that will lure even the smartest deer to your vicinity.
If you’ve always wished to have a dish of the mouth watering deer meat every week, the following deer attractants will make your dream come true…
[easyazon_image align="center" height="160" identifier="B00O7O7IT6" locale="US" src="https://huntspot.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/41YbVuIHjL.SL160.jpg" tag="huntspot08-20" width="70"]
[easyazon_image align="center" height="160" identifier="B000HHM0FY" locale="US" src="https://huntspot.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/51UnCdEibFL.SL160.jpg" tag="huntspot08-20" width="160"]
[easyazon_image align="center" height="160" identifier="B002QG3I82" locale="US" src="https://huntspot.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/61gY8A1MzHL.SL160.jpg" tag="huntspot08-20" width="120"]
[easyazon_image align="center" height="160" identifier="B003WKRR74" locale="US" src="https://huntspot.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/61kBOjcrYmL.SL160.jpg" tag="huntspot08-20" width="154"]
[easyazon_image align="center" height="160" identifier="B000HHM7SY" locale="US" src="https://huntspot.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/516GrcSYv7L.SL160.jpg" tag="huntspot08-20" width="105"]
Before we deep our feet into the awesome deer attractants on the market, allow me to share with you the top factors that I always use to successfully hack my way into the deer attractant stores.
Here’s my Ultimate Checklist -
Things to Consider Before Buying The Right Deer Attractant:
As you might have heard time and again, NOT every deer lure will help you fool the deer into coming to your property for a precise short.
You, therefore, need to follow the factors below to get an effective deer attractant:
Type of Deer You Want to Hunt
The most important thing you should always ask yourself before setting out to buy attractants is the type of deer you are going to hunt. This is because some attractants are specifically manufactured to hunt specific deer types.
For example, there’s scent for whitetail, blacktail, and mule deer. If you make a mistake of hunting whitetail deer with mule deer scent, boy: you’ll be doomed!
The same way there is attractants associate with certain deer types, you’ll also find lures for various deer seasons.
Now, as a hunter, you know that there are four main deer seasons: Early Stage, Pre-rut, Rut, and Post-rut. Which season are you hunting in? Ensure you buy a lure designed for this season.
It’s also good to note that some lures know no season. That is, they can be used at any time of the year.
Which Region Are You Hunting In?
You must gather adequate information about the area you’re planning to set the lure in. This will help you determine whether the food you’re buying is plentiful in your target hunting zone or not.
If the food is in abundance, just forget it. The possibilities of the deer being attracted to it will be next to none!
Yes, legal matters also matter a lot. Some state that prohibit the use of deer lures. Others prohibit feeding the deer at certain times of the year. Make sure you have this information at your fingertips to avoid being on the ugly side of the law.
The last thing you’d want to look for before you take out that credit card to buy a deer attractant is the brand behind its design.
Some brands are well known to provide lures that are completely ineffective. They keep you waiting for long hours without site of any deer.
On the contrary, there are genuine brands that help you attract the deer like crazy. Most of the deer attractants we’ll review below are from these reputable brands. Have a look at them…
Now get ready as I’m about to walk you through the most popular deer attractants that will change the way you hunt the deer.
To help you understand these products better, we’ve grouped them into FIVE broad categories namely:
1. Deer Attractant Spray/Scent: the spray is basically the scent collected from real deer. You simply deploy the scent by spraying it on the deer’s food source or the surrounding foliage. Still, you can spray the mist in the air and allow the breeze to disperse it farther.
2. Deer Attractant Liquids: this is also the scent of real-life deer (preserved in liquid form). The liquid is deployed with the help of a wick. One end of the wick is attached to the source (carried by the hunter) while the other end drags along the ground as the hunter walks. This creates a false sent that lures the deer into moving towards the hunter’s stand.
3. Deer Attractant Food: This category comprises of various types of foods that deer like to eat. The foods are manufactured and stored in read to use forms. All you’ve to do is to buy any of these foods and set out to your hunting locations, ready to lure the deer your way.
4. Deer Attractant Blocks/Solids: these are usually mineral salts that come in from of blocks, hence the word block or solid. They’re the easiest attractants to deploy. You simply transport them to your hunting zone and set them in a strategic position. That’s all.
5. Deer Attractant Powder: these are mineral salts that have been crushed into powder form. They’re either mixed with a food course, e.g. feed corn for the application. Also, you can dig a 2 feet hole and mix the loose soil with this powder and then bury it. This will make the deer paw in an attempt to get these mineral salts. They’ll even come again and again to consume these essential foods they always claim for.
What does the market have to offer you in each of the above categories? This is what we’re going to find next. We’ll feature the FIVE
BEST products in each category.
Best Deer Attractant Spray/Scent
1. Buck Bomb MM-BB-DE-33 Deer Hunting Scent Review:
[easyazon_image align="center" height="500" identifier="B00O7O7IT6" locale="US" src="https://huntspot.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/41YbVuIHjL.jpg?0e11fe&0e11fe&0e11fe&632f7e&x69646" tag="huntspot08-20" width="219"]
Buck Bomb’s hunting scent is the most preferred deer scent by the hunters from all walks of life. The scent is 100% natural Doe Estrus Whitetail deer urine packed in a 6.65 ounces aerosol can. Using this scent is extremely easy.
You can opt to spray it intermittently or lock it down to disperse its entire contents. If you’re hunting in the pre-rut and rut deer seasons, this is the type of spray you need to use. It works like a charm! It stimulates all the ready-to-be-bred does. And it brings out an aggressive mating behavior in the bucks. I guess you’ll be smiling from your stand as you set on taking
It works like a charm!
It stimulates all the ready-to-be-bred does. And it brings out an aggressive mating behavior in the bucks. I guess you’ll be smiling from your stand as you set on taking an accurate shot on a buck or doe of your choice!
2. Buck Stop Natural Skunk Deer Scent Review:
[easyazon_image align="center" height="500" identifier="B0000AVW8L" locale="US" src="https://huntspot.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/51zmtbdW7gL.jpg?0e11fe&0e11fe&0e11fe&632f7e&x69646" tag="huntspot08-20" width="390"]
Now introducing the world’s most powerful deer attractant scent…
The natural skunk essence is so strong that you’d only need to apply a drop or two of the spray and the deer go wild. I’m yet to find another deer spray that works like this one.
Its performance is so spectacular- it instantly draws the deer to your circles like a magnet. To avoid external factors from interfering with it, the scent is stored in a 1 Oz wax sealed, amber glass bottle.
When deploying this liquid, simply place it a small stick (or Q-tip) to apply it to several sites near your stand and wait for you catch.
3. Scent Web She Heat Spray Dear Urine Review:
[easyazon_image align="center" height="500" identifier="B002UBND92" locale="US" src="https://huntspot.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/41FWNz24l6L.jpg?0e11fe&0e11fe&0e11fe&632f7e&x69646" tag="huntspot08-20" width="146"]
At position three of our best deer scents list is the Scent Web She heat deer urine. This package comes with a patented scent, wick, and spray system that meets your deer hunting expectations.
One special fact about his scent is that it’s activated and effectively dispersed by air. Even more special, it gets stronger with time.
Don’t forget that the delivery system of this spray shoots up to 15 feet, and since its aerosol, you won’t encounter cases of messy liquids containers, or cotton balls.
4. WildGame Innovations Acorn Rage Blast Deer Attractant Review:
[easyazon_image align="center" height="500" identifier="B002RTTPSA" locale="US" src="https://huntspot.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/41dTzFxr4lL-1.jpg?0e11fe&0e11fe&0e11fe&632f7e&x69646" tag="huntspot08-20" width="237"]
Acorn Rage Blast is an oil based deer lure that outwits the water based attracts when put to action. This awesome spray results from a perfect combination of the real Acorn oil as well as extracts and it’s very effective at delivering deer your way. The spray is highly effective, covers you scent, drips slower, and lasts longer.
For the best results, use this spray before, during, and after the acorns starts falling.
5. Buck Bomb MM-BB-DE-P1 Doe in Estrus Review:
[easyazon_image align="center" height="500" identifier="B000S5S8QK" locale="US" src="https://huntspot.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/41ds0airsUL.jpg?0e11fe&0e11fe&0e11fe&632f7e&x69646" tag="huntspot08-20" width="190"]
Buck Bomb is back in our list with another 100% natural Doe-in-Estrus scent! This time, the scent s packed in a 5 oz can (which is still good news).
If you buy this package today, you’ll be able to use it for a total of three years without the scent loosing its prowess. This is made possible by the fact that it’s safely packed in a container that keeps off UV rays and oxygen.
Similar to the earlier Buck Bomb scent, this spray works best when used during the pre-rut and rut season. It’s well known for stimulating the ready to bred does in addition to planting an aggressive mating behavior in the bucks.
Best Deer Attractant Liquid
1. Evolved Habitats Deer Cane Liquid Deer Attractant Review:
[easyazon_image align="center" height="288" identifier="B000HHM0FY" locale="US" src="https://huntspot.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/31HDGTNuBxL.jpg?0e11fe&0e11fe&0e11fe&632f7e&x69646" tag="huntspot08-20" width="181"]
Opening our list of top deer liquid attractants is the Evolved Habitats deer cane liquid. Among other things, this liquid is known to make the deer go mad.
It’s an original habitat forming, nutritious mineral attractant that reacts with moisture, releasing vapors that call the attention of all the deer to come for the supplement. Setting this attractant requires you to identify a suitable site.
Remove all the surrounding vegetation, up to 4 feet diameter. Pour the entire liquid in this region so that it’s absorbed into the ground. Go to your stand and watch as the deer come to lick, gnaw, and paw at this spot in search for nutrients they crave for.
What a perfect way to lure the deer!
2. Evolved Habitats Molasses Wildlife Label Review:
[easyazon_image align="center" height="200" identifier="B000KOPVP0" locale="US" src="https://huntspot.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/31g4ewJLT1L.jpg?0e11fe&0e11fe&0e11fe&632f7e&x69646" tag="huntspot08-20" width="200"]
Also from Evolved Habitats is the Molasses Wildlife Label, packed in one gallon container. With this attractant you’ll give the deer a really sweet treat they can’t turn down. They’ll return the favor by assuming prefect positions for a quick, accurate shooting. The feed grade molasses is loved by every deer for some good reasons.
One, it helps them acquire sufficient energy during stress times. It’s a natural source of minerals for them. Lastly, it supplies them with a multitude of essential nutrients they need in the diet.
Just pour this molasses over hay, mineral or any feed and the deer will come looking for it (for you)!
3. Evolved Buck Jam Deer Attractant Review:
[easyazon_image align="center" height="500" identifier="B003YVXF0O" locale="US" src="https://huntspot.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/51TO5dbwhnL.jpg?0e11fe&0e11fe&0e11fe&632f7e&x69646" tag="huntspot08-20" width="500"]
Another sweet lick for deer, filled with fruit flavors as well as minerals. The gooey, gel-like liquid attracts bucks instantly to where you pace it. The bucks begin licking and enjoying this attractant immediately they find it.
The sweet aroma coming out of this gel (reinforced by the added flavors) acts as the centre of attraction for the bucks. It keeps them coming back again and again- how amazing! And don’t forget that this jam is two-way designed:
Salt-based mineral lick that patterns the deer into the area for a long time, and
Food-bait lure that keeps the deer coming every day
4. Evolved Habitat Buck Jam Ripe Apple Review:
[easyazon_image align="center" height="200" identifier="B0002LOFWQ" locale="US" src="https://huntspot.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/31k99dFOuPL.jpg?0e11fe&0e11fe&0e11fe&632f7e&x69646" tag="huntspot08-20" width="200"]
Similar to our previous product, this is also a juicy, gel-like mineral lick that’s sweetened with fruit flavors and minerals that deer die for.
It also creates an instant mineral site for the deer, making them visit the area again and again to replenish their minerals supply. If you’re more into hunting bucks than does, this liquid attractant will give you the most amazing results.
5. Hunter's Specialties Vita-Rack 26 Liquid Gorge Apple Flavored Attractant Review:
[easyazon_image align="center" height="500" identifier="B007RAW6CQ" locale="US" src="https://huntspot.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/51ct2QC9q7L.jpg?0e11fe&0e11fe&0e11fe&632f7e&x69646" tag="huntspot08-20" width="333"]
Labeled as the “New Standard Wildlife Nutrition” by expert hunters, this liquid attractant gives you the exact results you’re looking for. It not only attracts the deer instantly, but also keeps them coming back for more.
The one-gallon mixture is packed with over 26 high-quality minerals and vitamins. It’s also enhanced with natural Apple flavor (which improves the deer attraction process).
Overall, Vita-Rack 26 Liquid Gorge makes the deer healthier and energetic. And it does not frustrate your deer hunting needs.
Best Deer Attractant Food
1. Antler King Honey Hole Mix Review:
[easyazon_image align="center" height="500" identifier="B002QG3I82" locale="US" src="https://huntspot.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/61gY8A1MzHL.jpg?0e11fe&632f7e&x69646" tag="huntspot08-20" width="375"]
Planning to hunt deers in the winter or fall? Great! There’s only one top way to make the deer come your way. This is Honey Hole Mix. It’s the charm you need to trick the healthiest deer to come to the open so that you can shoot it so nicely and perfectly.
Now, the Honey Hole is simply a mixture of five unique varieties of Brassicas (with two varieties of turnips and three varieties of Rape). This is exactly where the attractant food hides its secret of helping you increase your productivity in winter/fall. The deer dearly love these plants as they go from bitter to sweet.
Given that these plants thrives whether you till or them or not, anyone can easily make their own effective “Honey Hole.”
- Fast growing plants
- Extremely easy to establish
- For the best results, plant them in Summer or Early Fall
- Composed of five varieties: 3 Rapes, 2 turnips-comes in a 3lb bag, enough for a quarter acre Hunt Plot
- Treated with Antler King’s special Ultra Coat Orange to promote higher germination rates and better forage yields
- For thriving results, use the 19-19-19 fertilizer or 13-13-13 at 300 lbs per acre
- Soil pH should lie between 5.5 and 6.5
- The attractant comes at attractive prices
2. Primos Red Spot Premium Mineral Site Ignitor Deer Lure Review:
[easyazon_image align="center" height="500" identifier="B004VG2HQO" locale="US" src="https://huntspot.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/41xehGf2AoL.jpg?0e11fe&632f7e&x69646" tag="huntspot08-20" width="445"]
Primos Red Spot Premium Mineral Site Ignitor Deer Lure attracts double the number of deers its rivals will attract! It employs a sustained release that keeps the deers in your hunting location on their toes. Yes, they’ll visit your spot everyday to lick, dig, and paw as they search for more of these minerals.
So, what’s in this lure that drives the deers crazy?
Well, it got premium organic plus natural food grade ingredients. Formulated with calcium and phosphorous, the lure acts as a supplement and allure at the same time. That this wonderful lure magically improves the deers’ energy metabolism, better bone and antler formation, and better reproduction physiology, it’s irresistible to the animals.
- The lure is I form of mineral site ignitor pellets and is packed in a 4.5 pound bag
- Made with premium organic as well as natural food grade ingredients
- The sustained release formula keeps the deers visiting the same spot over and over again
- Scientifically formulated with phosphorous and calcium
- Enhances antler and bone formation
- Very affordable
3. WildGame Innovations Acorn Rage Review:
[easyazon_image align="center" height="500" identifier="B001F0O8UM" locale="US" src="https://huntspot.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/51ONduWNFkL.jpg?0e11fe&632f7e&x69646" tag="huntspot08-20" width="324"]
For easy and successful deer luring everyday, every season, use Wildgame Innovations Acorn Rage! The fact that this attractant is made from 100% REAL Acorns says it all.
The Rage isn’t a flavor, a scent, or an extract but an actual acorn taste that puts the deer into a RAGE of hunger throughout the season. If you thought that deploying this deer attractant food is a hard task, you’ll be in for a rude shock! It comes ready for use: No mixing needed.
- Made of 100% REAL Acorn Rage. No fillers added
- Comes ready for use
- Easy to use: place directly in trough feeders, on the ground, or the free choice gravity feeders
- All-season attractant and supplement for the whitetail deer
- Strategically designed to work both as an attractant and at the same time benefits them in terms of antler growth, and overall body health
4. Antler King No Sweat No Till Plot Mix Review:
[easyazon_image align="center" height="500" identifier="B004P8XFSC" locale="US" src="https://huntspot.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/61Dt5WnSw7L.jpg?0e11fe&632f7e&x69646" tag="huntspot08-20" width="363"]
If you’re planning to put up a deer plot with minimal efforts, good news lies here. Antler King No Sweat No Till Plot Mix is the ideal product that will help you put such a plot.
No hard work, no sweating all through. The package contains a mixture of carefully selected perennial and annual seeds. These seeds are tolerant to shade, easy to establish, pH tolerant, fast growing and, are loved by the deer.
The seeds will thrive excellently on areas that require minimal or no tilling e.g. loggings, roads, shady plots, or areas where use of equipments is almost impossible.
- Contains of a variety of annual and perennial seeds e.g. oat, clover, rye, and brassica
- Shade and pH tolerant
- Easy to establish, minimal or NO tilling needed
- Fast growing mixture of seeds
- Comes in a 4.5lbs bag and ideal for ¼ acre plot
- Carefully selected annual and perennials that deers love
- Does not break the bank
5. BB2 Deer Nutritional Supplement / Attractant Bag Review:
[easyazon_image align="center" height="500" identifier="B0085A62U4" locale="US" src="https://huntspot.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/51nc6yzVnML.jpg?0e11fe&632f7e&x69646" tag="huntspot08-20" width="500"]
Closing our list of the top deer attractant foods is the BB2 Deer Nutritional Supplement/Attractant. This is not just any other bag of gimmicks: it’s a deer lure that brings in deers and holds them for long. It’s a professionally prepared 20lbs bag of deer lure that also serves as a perfect supplement.
It enables you to promote the health of your deer heard and even increase their population. The powerful feeding on this attractant includes: 18% crude protein, 7% crude fiber, 8% crude fat, 7% phosphorous, and 8-13% calcium.
If you’re looking forward to increase your deer herd, and promote larger antler growth, you’ll never go wrong with BB2 Deer Nutritional Supplement / Attractant.
- Comes in 20lbs bag
- Composed of a powerful feeding formula of essential deer nutrients
- Promotes better deer health
- Increases the population of deer
- Extremely easy to establish
- Suitable for use at any time of the year
- Works both as attractant and deer supplements
Best Deer Attractant Block
1. Hunter's Specialties Vita-Rack 26 Deer Lick Site Block Review:
[easyazon_image align="center" height="500" identifier="B003WKRR74" locale="US" src="https://huntspot.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/61kBOjcrYmL.jpg?0e11fe&632f7e&x69646" tag="huntspot08-20" width="482"]
If you prefer using deer attractant blocks to get the deers to come to your plot, then the first block attractant you’d want to try is Vita-Rack 26 Deer Lick Site Block.
The block is manufactured by Hunter’s Specialties and is also a great deer’s supplement. It’s actually a protein booster that you feed the deers in your plot to boost their natural diet.
With this block, deers will eventually get a balanced diet in addition to improved immune system. The block has all the vital nutrients that favor the health of deers, with proteins taking a 20% value. Additional useful nutrients include: corn, milo, soybeans, and molasses and apple flavoring. Don’t forget that all this is packed in a 25lbs bag.
- Contains 26 high-quality minerals and vitamins
- Creates bigger, healthier deer
- Helps the deers to reach their genetic potential
- Comes with Molasses and Apple flavors
- Quite affordable
2. Antler King Apple Burst Mineral Block Review:
[easyazon_image align="center" height="500" identifier="B00MS20C9M" locale="US" src="https://huntspot.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/512BlCeqU5NL.jpg?0e11fe&632f7e&x69646" tag="huntspot08-20" width="500"]
Antler King Apple Burst Mineral Block is an attractant and a supplement. First, it will attract bucks to your property for a more precise and easy shooting. Second, it’s a mineral fortified block that offers the bucks the nutrients they need to acquire their full genetic potential. This makes the bucks bigger and healthier. The intense apple flavor travels far and wide to help create a trail for deers to your property.
For the very best results, place the block on the ground near the deer trail, feeding station or in front of game cameras. Deers will come looking for it!
- Packed with Antler and body-building nutrients and nutrients
- Contains apple scents and other flavors loved by deers
- Useful Vitamins A and D available
- Easy to set up
3. WildGame Innovations Acorn Rage Salt Block Deer Attractant Review:
[easyazon_image align="center" height="500" identifier="B005Z7V18S" locale="US" src="https://huntspot.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/61IKAC17SsL.jpg?0e11fe&632f7e&x69646" tag="huntspot08-20" width="500"]
This is probably the best way to attract more and more deers, and keep them coming back again and again. Using a block with full Acorn rage attracting powers.
This is it. The Acorn Rage Salt Block Deer Attractant is basically a mineral block composed of the minerals that ever deer carves for. In addition to this, it’s smeared with real Acorn Rage flavor to boost its attracting power.
The Acorn Rage not only attracts deers, but it creates a mineral spot that keeps the deers coming back countless times to replenish their minerals supply.
- Ready to use mineral block formulated with Acorn Rage attracting power
- A 4pound block
- Highly scented with Acorn
- Highly flavored with Acorn
- Keeps the deers coming back for more
- Contains vital minerals such as Phosphorous and calcium
4. Mad Buck Innovations Deer Corn Brick Feeder Review:
[easyazon_image align="center" height="499" identifier="B00JYCBOUA" locale="US" src="https://huntspot.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/51pFuXpDTL.jpg?0e11fe&632f7e&x69646" tag="huntspot08-20" width="500"]
Mad Buck Innovations Deer Corn Brick Feeder will make any deers in your hunting location totally mad! It’s a corn brick feeder that deers will love to feed on.
But the real deal is in the attractive scents that cover it. These scents are Apple and Acorn. Once you place the block within a 500-feet radius in your favorite hunting location, deers will comes running. You’ll truly be spoilt for a choice.
- Works instantly
- Drives the deers crazy
- Comes with a unique formula that offers you instant results
- Available in natural Acorn and Apple Scents
- Easy to set up
- Extremely cheap
5. Bushnell Performance Optics 58703 Deer Lick Block, Sweet Corn Review:
[easyazon_image align="center" height="500" identifier="B013XRY2AA" locale="US" src="https://huntspot.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/51ai4MaN9FL.jpg?0e11fe&632f7e&x69646" tag="huntspot08-20" width="400"]
Straight from the high-profile Primos manufacturer, Bushnell Performance Optics 58703 Deer Lick Block, Sweet Corn is a great deer lure that tricks deers to come to you with minimal effort, thanks to the real sweet corn flavoring.
In addition to this, the block has unending benefits to the deer. In other terms, it’s packed with vital nutrients that promote bone and antler formation, reproductive physiology, energy metabolism, and so much more.
The product has even been tested by the University of Illinois. And guess what? It delivered the expected results! Attracting heard f deer like nothing!
- Comprises if premium and natural food grade ingredients
- Scientifically formulated with Phosphorous and calcium, and important mineral oils
- Tested by University of Illinois
- Promotes bone formation, reproductive physiology, and energy metabolism
- Very low prices
Best Deer Attractant Powder
1. Evolved Habitats Deer Cane Black Magic Review:
[easyazon_image align="center" height="300" identifier="B000HHM7SY" locale="US" src="https://huntspot.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/4184m2BDgvyL.jpg?0e11fe&632f7e&x69646" tag="huntspot08-20" width="300"]
Our last category of deer lures is market with the best class deer attractant powder. We start with Evolved Habitats Deer Cane Black Magic. The block is basically a formulation of deer cane plus flavors and minerals that deers always look for. Immediately you place this powder in the ground, wonders starts happening.
The powder mixes with moisture to release never-ending flavors that effectively pulls deers to your area. If you feed this powder to your deer herd, they’ll acquire vital mineral such as phosphorus, calcium, and sodium.
- Premium formulation of deer cane that doesn’t require any mixing
- Immediately it mixes with moisture, it releases vapors every now then, attracting deers repeatedly
- Enriched with sodium, calcium, and phosphorus
- Bucks searching for minerals will be drawn to this site to lick, mark, and paw to consume the minerals available
2. WildGame Innovations Buck Bran Deer Attractant Review:
[easyazon_image align="center" height="460" identifier="B001F2E0YY" locale="US" src="https://huntspot.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/51q3nQWqT2L.jpg?0e11fe&632f7e&x69646" tag="huntspot08-20" width="500"]
Buck Bran Deer attractant is more than just a powder packed in 5lbs nicely painted bag. It’s a special powder that has the ultimate power of drawing deers to your hunting spot.
The powder is composed of loads of vital nutrients that benefits deer, tricking them to come back every day for more. It contains 14% crude protein, 12% crude fiber, 11% crude fat, a multitude of other products that promotes the best health of whitetail deer herd.
This powder is perfect for luring deers in the winter and fall months. This is kind of powder you won’t regret using to feed your heard of whitetail deers as well as attracting them to your hunting location.
- Contains crude proteins, fiber, fats, minerals and vitamins
- Constitutes of extruded rice bran, molasses, soybean meal, cracked corn, vitamins, and minerals
- Can be place directly on the ground, free choice gravity feeders, or in trough feeders
- The finely powders texture is easily carried by the wind, allowing the deer to receive the scent and feel hungry
- The powder form allows even the old deer as it does not involve use of teeth for chewing
3. C'mere Deer X-Treme Performance Powder Review:
[easyazon_image align="center" height="500" identifier="B00LDYN3EM" locale="US" src="https://huntspot.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/51Jr7jtDYfL.jpg?0e11fe&632f7e&x69646" tag="huntspot08-20" width="500"]
This powder employs a simple deer luring mechanism to give you good results. You simply put it on the ground (on logs, stumps, food plots, vegetation, etc) sit back and wait to see the deer from all corners of your hunting location approaching.
If you’d wish to keep the luring scents released by this powder for a longer time, you can use an electric spin-cast or gravity-fed feeder.
- Great for mixing
- Perfect attractant powder for use in feeders
- Works on a tested and proved formula
- Can be poured on logs, stumps, vegetation, etc
- Composed of Brewers grains, Alfalfa, Rice Brad, and Corn
5. C'mere Deer Corn Coat Super Fine Powder Review:
[easyazon_image align="center" height="435" identifier="B000VCQTKC" locale="US" src="https://huntspot.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/41XCpAi7bbL.jpg?632f7e&x69646" tag="huntspot08-20" width="500"]
Last but not least, try C'mere Deer Corn Coat Super Fine Powder. It also stages a spectacular performance. The package comes in THREE individual pouches. Each pouch is 4oz in quantity.
You can use a single pouch to treat a total of 50lbs of protein pellets, corn, or any other type of grains you’re using to lure deers.
How Many Types Of Deer Attractants Are There?
Attractants that are used for deer hunting cannot be numbered as there are many products from different companies. Hunters can as even produce their own attractants if they come across the compounds used to produce them.
Hence, it is not feasible to determine the exact number of attractants produced but can only categorize these deer attractants according to their form and application.
These categories include;
Deer Attractant Spray
These deer attractants are in spray form. If you want to attract deer with this type of attractant, all you will do is to spray it on their food source or in the air. Air will disperse the scent of the spray. When the deer perceives the scent, it will be lured towards the direction of the spray.
Deer Attractant Liquid
This type of deer attractants is in liquid form. If you are the hunter and you are using this type of attractant, you will possibly need a wick. Hold the wick on one end and apply the deer attractant on the other end.
As you move, the end of the wick with the attractant solution will help to disperse the scent of the attractant in the path threaded by the hunter. Hence, wherever you go, the attractant will help to attract any deer that crosses that path towards you.
Deer Attractant Blocks
These are attractants in solid form. They are easily used to hunt deers, though they may not be as efficient as spray attractants and liquid attractants.
These deer attractant blocks are used by the hunter to attract deers by strategically positioning them in places where they can easily interest deers. This implies that the hunter will need to be around to keep a close eye to the attractant.
Deer Attractant Food
In this type of deer attractants, the attractant compounds are used to produce foods that deers like eating very well. All the hunter needs to do is to buy these processed ready-to-eat meals and place them in the area where deers can easily discover them.
Deer Attractant Powder
These are deer attractants ground into powdered form. They are mixed with food or soil to attract deers.
Another critical factor to consider when classifying deer attractants is the type of deer the hunter is after. Different types of deer have different attractants that attract them. As we have whitetail deer, blacktail deer, and a mule, you can't use the attractant made for whitetail deer to hunt for a blacktail deer.
Thus, there are different types of deer attractant with various forms and for different deer.
Ultimate Guide to Deer Food Plots
If you’re planning to set up a food plot to attract the deer to your property for easy capture, you need to plan it well in advance.
A well planned plot attracts all the deer you wish to and keeps them visiting your site every day.
Follow the steps outlined below to establish a great food plot:
1. Understand the Law:
Before you even plan to start a plot, the first and the most important step is to check what the Law says about feeding the deer in the area you reside at.
Some states don’t allow you to feed deer at certain times as they might become a nuisance to people.
If the law allows you to set up the food plot at this time of the year, move on to the next step…
2. Choosing the Best Place:
Now it’s time to choose where to set up your food plant. This needs to be a strategic place where the deer will be lured easily. It should also be friendly to them.
Consider these factors when looking for a perfect food plot location:
- The area should be away from the roads. This is very important because the deer might decline your offer to come near the traffics. It might as well be dangerous.
Keep the place away from the other gardens and plants (if you don’t want the deer to feed on them too).
- The area should not be prone to soil erosion or flooding. Think about the damages your plot would be subjected to if soil erosion or flooding occurs.
- Remember to test the pH of the soil of the selected area to ensure it matches the crops you’re going to plant.
- The area should be fenceless to give the deer a free pass to you plot.
If your area meets all the above conditions, it’s time to till it to make it ready for planting. Remove all the bushes and trees around.
Use farm equipments where necessary.
After this, proceed to the next step…
3. The Planting Process:
What exactly should you plant in your new deer food plant? If you think that any type of plant would do, you’re totally mistaken. Here, you need to be smart, keeping in mind that your MAIN aim is to attract the deer to the plot.
Consider these tips when planting on your new food plot:
- Fists of all you need to identify the plants that the deer love to eat. These foods include proteins (e.g. soybeans, turnips, alfalfa, peas, etc), chestnuts, acorns, wheat, oats, etc.
- Out of the above foods, which ones are plentiful in the area? You want to plant only the foods that are rare in your area so that the deer will come looking for them.
- When you’ve your list of suitable foods, head to the stores and look for them (our best deer attractant foods section has the best varieties for you).
- When you’ve gotten the foods, it’s time to plan them. Follow the package instructions when doing so.
- Don’t forget to spread the right fertilizer to your plantation to spur the growth of the plants.
4. Extra Tips to Make Your Food Plot the Best:
If you’ve followed all the above steps, you’re almost done. But you need to make final polishing to make it a favorite for all the deer in your state.
Consider these extra tips:
- Set up a water source in your plot. The deer would need water as well and if you provide them with this, they’ll be your frequent visitors. You can put up a water hole or a tank.
- Keep all your pets away from the plot, especially the dogs. The moment the deer detects the scent of a dog, it will be gone for good.
- The deer loves tall grass too. Please do them a favor and plant the grass on your plot. They’ll surely come.
- Practice additional deer lures in your plot, e.g. hanging scent wicks, using sweet apple flavors, salt blocks, etc, to increase the odds of the deer stepping in.
- You can also use a game/trail camera to help you monitor your plot.
- Did I tell you to remove fences that might deter the deer from accessing your food plot?
If you’ve followed the above food plot guide, congrats! You’ve incorporated the secret tips in your pot that many people don’t know. You’ve the best deer food plot in your area and only time will prove this to you.
FIVE Great Tips for Using Deer Attractants
I’ve introduced you to so many types of deer attractants. I’ve even advised you on the best ones to use at various times of the year. But that’s not enough. You also need to know how to use them effectively so that you can have successful deer hunting sessions form now onwards…
The five top tips for using deer attractants are:
- Avoid using the same deer attract scent for long in a given area. Scientific research has showed that scents used for a long time may lose their effectiveness as the deer becomes accustomed to them.
- Only use the attractants that matches your deer hunting needs. Certain attracts are meant for luring specific type of the deer and if you use them to hunt other deer, you might get frustrations.
- Take note of the season you’re hunting in. since differ attractants are designed for use in different deer seasons, following this tip will help you determine the best attractant to use for any given season.
- Successful deer hunting sing the attractants also heavily depends on the wind direction, deer movement, and even your stand. Don’t neglect these factors when deploying the lures.
- Don’t hesitate to use other hunting other hunting methods along the attractants. Combining an attractant, a great decoy, and a skilled calling bears a lethal tool that raises your chances of harvesting any deer you want.
- Sorry, I said there are five tips… But I’ve a sixth one: Never attempt to spray the attractants directly to your body. This does not increase your chances hunting the deer. Instead, it puts you at the risk of being attacked by the deer. You might even fall sick or get infected by harmful bacteria.
We’ve come to the end of our long list of the best deer attractants on the market today. Hopefully, you’ve learned the five main categories of deer attractants namely scents/sprays, liquids, foods, blocks, and powders. You’ve also learned the best five products under each category on the market.
As you’ve noted, all the products we’ve discussed are extremely cheap and gives you great results we used appropriately.
Getting the best attractant is also very easy. All you need is to follow our shopping guide for the same. If you wish to setup the deer food plot, follow our clearly outlined guide, step-by-step, and you’ll end up with the best plot.
Also, don’t forget to use our powerful tips on how to use all the above deer attractants at the fields if you want to realize the very best results.