How to Make a Homemade Deer Attractant That Works?
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
There are times when you might want to use the deer attractant for you hunting activities but your pocket does not allow you to do so. The commercial deer attractant might be a bit too expensive for you at such times.
If you find yourself in such a situation, you don’t need to worry. You can easily switch to the homemade deer attractants and still enjoy the same results as you would with a store product.
Following is a quick procedure that you can follow to prepare a deer attractant from the comfort of your home. Also note that the materials required for the whole process are readily available, making the entire process as cheap as possible.
Before we dive into the procedure, you will need the following things:
- Whole grains, preferably Corn
- Apple fruits
- Peanut butter
- A bowl or a bucket
Directions to Follow
- Blend the dry items first. You can use peanut butter foods, corn and the apples (chopped into small pieces) in any mix of your choice. As a matter of fact, some experimentation might be important to discover what works best in the area you hunt in.
- Introduce the sticky items into your mixture. To ensure your blend stays together, pour a basic syrup or even molasses over it.
- Now add water in an effort to make it simpler to spread the blend around. Also, water will dilute your mixture it so that there is a greater amount of it- enough for your needs.
- Spread the mixture next and it’s ready for use!
Here’s how to use it…
Paint the blend on trees at a deer’s eye level. Putting the blend up high will make sure that you can see the deer easily since they will need to keep their heads up to get the meal. You can also consider putting the blend on tree stumps or sprinkle it on the ground.
You ought to apply a good measure of the attractant. This will assure you that there is sufficient attractant to make a pretty strong, irresistible scent that will travel far and reach the deer who will respond by looking for it. It also ensures that the deer you are targeting will stay a little bit longer at the spot where the attractant is rather than feeding faster and leaving.
Here are Some Additional Tips to Keep in Mind:
- Other than the delicious attractant you have just made from home, deer will also appreciate the acorns. As a result of this, they are active around oak/acorn trees in September and October when oak seeds or acorns fall. Putting your attractant upwind from these ranges will make it more probable that more deer will smell and discover it.
- Deer are additionally most highly active towards the beginning of November, just before the stature of their mating season starts. They are less active in the coldest parts of winter – January and February – and the in the hottest some portion of summer – July and August.
- Be sure to contact your local hunting authorities to confirm whether the use of deer attractants is lawful in that given area. Deer luring is highly prohibited in most states.
If you intend to use the above homemade deer attractant for hunting reasons, it’s also good to obey the laws that specify what number of and what kinds of the deer you should hunt.
You may find that you are drawing in too many deer to your area with the attractant. This may be inclusive of the deer that are quite youthful, making it inappropriate to hunt.
You don’t necessarily need to spend your cash in order to get a deer attractant. By following our outlined guide above, you can come up with your own product that works as great as the commercial attractant.
Try this today and witness the wonders!